tiistai 3. toukokuuta 2011

Vasculitis Rehabilitation, I'm ready!




Some time ago I promised some weggie friends to keep them posted on a rehabilitation course I'll be attending soon. The course is funded by the Finnish government and takes place at Finnish Rheumatism Association's Rehabilitation Institute Apila (=Clover). 


The course is for adults with vasculitides from all parts of Finland. We are so few and far between that our group consists of just ten people. The Institute is a two-hour-drive from my home (and spending two weeks so far away from home is a small stress factor in my condition... I need to focus on looking at it as an adventure and a bunch of possibilities).


I got my program for the first course day today:
  • (Possibility to swim in a warm pool, breakfast.)
  • 10  a.m.     Get-to-know-you -group
  • 11.15 a.m. Presentation of the Institute and its work
  • 12.30 p.m  Individual interview with a house nurse
  • 1.30 p.m    Individual appointment with the house rheumatologist
  • 2.00 p.m    Group indoor exercise  
  • 4.00 p.m    A nutritionist's lecture   
As you fellow weggies notice, the first day already is a bit too much. It's clear to me that I won't be attending indoor exercise after all that socializing... Instead I will be in my room, taking a nap. 

The aim of the course is to stregthen my ability to function in my own environment and in society as a whole.  We will be looking for ways to ease up my everyday life and support my capabilities to work and to be active.

(And my own personal hidden agenda will be to get to know my fellow vasculitides peers, to enjoy being away from home, to enjoy the beginning of summer, to enjoy the healthy mainly vegetarian food three times a day, and to spend as much time outdoors as I possibly can. )

I'll be leaving in five days. Since they have a WLAN connection and I will be taking my laptop + ample nap time between the really important stuff, I promise to keep you posted and to answer any questions you might have.










Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti